Thursday, May 15, 2014

a response to Frank Chin

Well then, Frank. You are even more mean of spirit than you were in high school. Your skewed vision of reality then as well as for the many years you have been walking this earth manifests itself whenever you "open your pie hole", or do you now use a computer(?). I feel bad for your "not friend" to whom you wrote your latest rant. Accepting treatment for cancer and coming through it is not the easiest part of the life that a lot of us live. Many of us from the Bay Area have and/or are in that process. We are mostly in our early seventies, or have recently deceased. We prefer to remain friends with those whom we spent those three years. We also try to keep our good wishes for the same persons. We all revere our ethnic backgrounds. When we marry, we often add a different ethnicity that we learn about and help our children revere. In doing so, we find that we also appreciate the backgrounds of others not only within our families but those with whom we work or share experiences. Since I was born and raised in Oakland I did not know my southern background until I got in contact with some of my cousins and aunts. As you know, there were many different ethnic persons in Oakland. There were very few southerners though and so I was so appreciative of my relatives who helped me understand from where I came. I am sorry that you have not changed. I feel bad for you as well as Allan Kornblum. I hope he does well with his fight for life. I appreciate his understanding of you. I wish I were able to do the same. Suzi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://ishmaelreedpub.com/Allan-Kornblum-s-Response-to-Frank-Chin